Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Sweet + Smokey:
CHIPOTLE infused olive oil
STRAWBERRY dark balsamic vinegar
Strawberry Vanilla Balsamic Jam
- 12 cups strawberries, hulled
- 2 packages (57 grams each) light fruit pectin crystals
- 4½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ cup DANA’s Strawberry dark balsamic vinegar
- Put the strawberries into a large pot and mash the strawberries using a potato masher.
- Mix the pectin crystals with ¼ cup of the sugar and stir into the berries. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape seeds from the vanilla pod, add both the seeds and pod to the strawberries. Add the strawberry balsamic vinegar and stir again.
- Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add remaining sugar and return to a full rolling boil; boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat, let cool and discard vanilla pod.
This jam is also delicious spooned onto warm baked brie or stirred into Greek yogurt.