Take your hummus game up a notch with Mexican Flavours olive oil!
Spicy Mexican Hummus
- ¼ cup Dana’s Mexican Flavours olive oil (Persian lime, Lemon, Garlic, or unflavoured olive oil can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons Dana’s Sicilian lemon white balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup fresh lemon juice can be substituted)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1, 16 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped (parsley or chives can be substituted)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the garlic into the bowl of a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until finely chopped. Add all other remaining ingredients except for the olive oil and pulse for about 1 minute.
- With the machine running slowly, add olive oil in a steady stream until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips, pita and fresh cut vegetables.
For extra spice, drizzle additional Mexican Flavours olive oil over the hummus before serving.