Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Stir Fry Sensation:
- SESAME oil
- HONEY GINGER white balsamic vinegar
Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
for Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons regular olive oil or DANA’s Persian Lime olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” chunks
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and left whole
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 green onion, sliced (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons white or black sesame seeds, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons DANA’s Sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons DANA’s Honey Ginger white balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons almond or peanut butter
- hot sauce to taste, optional
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
for Stir Fry
- Heat oil over high heat in a large non-stick pan or wok.
- Add the chicken pieces, cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute, until fragrant (be careful not to burn the garlic or it will taste bitter). Adjust the heat to medium-high if necessary.
- Add the red onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the broccoli, snow peas and pineapple, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the sauce, bring to a boil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds to garnish, and serve atop rice or noodles if desired.
*optional* – marinate chicken in 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and 4 tablespoons of honey ginger white balsamic vinegar for a couple of hours or up to overnight.