Returning to a Garden Full of Rhubarb
Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie
- pastry for a 10-inch pie
- 4 cups rhubarb, cubed/diced
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup flour (for filling)
- ½ cup flour (for topping)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Arrange rhubarb in uncooked pie shell.
- Mix sugar, 1/3 cup flour and sour cream together and pour evenly over rhubarb.
- Combine ½ cup flour, brown sugar and butter together until crumbly and sprinkle over the top of pie.
- Bake in 450º F degree oven for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350º F and continue baking another 30 minutes or until fruit is tender, filling is set and crumbs are golden brown.
This recipe first appeared in Dana’s Waterloo Chronicle column, Shortt Stories, on June 3, 2009.