Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Citrus-Cranberry Pear:
BLOOD ORANGE fused olive oil
CRANBERRY PEAR white balsamic vinegar
Pear + Pecan Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons DANA’s Cranberry Pear white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons DANA’s Blood Orange fused olive oil
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup nuts, toasted and chopped (use pecans or almonds or walnuts)
- 2 large ripe pears or apples, cut into slices
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine the water, cranberry pear vinegar, mustard, and 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries. Blitz or pulse for 15 seconds.
- With the motor running, slowly add the blood orange fused olive oil, until blended.
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette, nuts, apples or pears, and the remaining cranberries, and toss. Top with freshly ground pepper and serve.