Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Spring Time in Italy:
- TUSCAN HERB fused olive oil
- SICILIAN LEMON white balsamic vinegar
Oven Baked Risotto with Asparagus & Mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons DANA’s Tuscan Herb olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia), small dice
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1½ cups “Arborio” rice
- 900 ml chicken broth (1 tetra pack – about 4 cups)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup DANA’s Sicilian Lemon white balsamic
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed and cut into 1½” pieces
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup goat cheese or parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Heat TWO tablespoons of the olive oil in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 6 minutes, or until light golden and softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic (adjust the heat to medium if necessary). Remove the onion-garlic mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Add an additional TWO tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and set over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden brown and any liquid released from the mushrooms has evaporated from the pan.
- Add the last TWO tablespoons of olive oil to the pan with the mushrooms. Add the rice and stir well to coat with the oil. Add the onions and garlic back to the pan and stir well to combine. Add the salt, pepper, broth, wine & lemon balsamic. Stir. Transfer contents to a 2 ½ quart oven-safe casserole dish with cover with a lid. Cook (covered) for 30 minutes, stir. Continue to cook (covered) for another 15 minutes, then add the asparagus and stir again. Cook (covered) for another 10 minutes or until rice is cooked. Remove from oven, add peas & sprinkle with cheese.