- 8 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled
(or substitute three (3) tablespoons of DSG butter flavoured olive oil)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1, 9″ pastry shell
(use your own favourite recipe or try the “tender flake” brand)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the peaches in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted, cooled butter (or the butter olive oil), the egg, sugar and flour. Pour over the peaches and toss to combine.
- Pour the peach mixture into the pie shell. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 F and bake for another 30 – 40 minutes or until set. Allow to cool before eating.
Not a baker? Here are some other delicious ideas for fresh Ontario peaches:
- Make a peach salsa with cubed peaches, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers and some fresh herbs such as mint. Serve over cooked fish or with tortilla chips.
- Make a quesadilla or pizza with pesto, peaches, bacon and your favourite cheese.
- Make a gourmet grilled cheese with sliced peaches, ham, and brie.
- Make a salad with baby arugula, diced peaches, goat cheese and sliced red onions.
- Grill peaches on the bbq (simply peel and halve, then toss in a bit of olive oil) and serve alongside grilled pork and/or chicken.
- Make a gourmet ice cream sundae with sautéed peaches, chopped hazelnuts, and crushed amaretto cookies.