Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Garlicky Fig:
GARLIC infused olive oil
FIG dark balsamic vinegar
Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic Roasted Figs & Feta
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons DANA’s Black Mission Fig dark balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 fresh figs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons DANA’s Garlic infused olive oil
- 4 cups arugula (or mixed greens)
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled (you can use goat cheese or blue cheese, if you prefer)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine honey, water, fig balsamic vinegar, thyme, and salt in an oven-proof skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Place the figs in the skillet, and spoon some of the liquid over top, until coated.
- Roast in the oven until the figs begin to darken, about 30-40 minutes. Turn figs over halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer the figs to a small bowl. Whisk the garlic olive oil into the sauce in the skillet, and allow to cool.
- Arrange the arugula on a platter, and top with the roasted figs, cheese, walnuts, and green onions. Drizzle the warm dressing over the top and serve immediately.
- Pair this recipe with our pancetta-wrapped pork tenderloin with sage, or serve with a slice of crusty bread.