Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Maple Butter:
- ALL NATURAL BUTTER flavored olive oil
- MAPLE dark balsamic vinegar
Maple Butter Salmon
- 4, 6 oz boneless & skinless salmon filets (wild salmon is best)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons DANA’s All Natural Butter flavoured olive oil
- 1 tablespoon DANA’s Maple dark balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- optional: 1-2 teaspoons pureed chipotles in adobo sauce (use for a smoky/spicy flavour)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the salmon.
- Brush the salmon filets with HALF of the sauce mixture.
- Preheat a medium, non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the salmon filets and cook for about 3 minutes or until seared on one side. Turn salmon filets over and cook for another two minutes or so.
- Transfer filets to a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with additional sauce, if desired. Cook salmon for another 3-4 minutes or until cooked throughout.
Note: if using wide & thin salmon filets then you may not need to finish cooking them in the oven – you can likely cook them through by sautéing them for an additional few minutes in the pan.