This is a delicious, lower fat/calorie version of the traditional guacamole made with avocado. Pair asparagus guacamole with multigrain tortilla chips, fresh or baked pita wedges, or as a dip for fresh vegetables. It also makes a great spread for sandwiches or quesadilla’s!
Low-Cal Asparagus Guacamole with Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 cups chopped asparagus, lightly blanched or steamed
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon (or lime) juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots or red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons DANA’s Lemon fused olive oil
- ½ large tomato, diced
- Blitz garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add everything but the tomatoes to the food processor and blitz until mixture is soft and combined (you may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula).
- Fold in the diced tomato.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips, pita wedges or fresh vegetables.