That Craving For Some Old Fashioned Butter Tarts
Old Fashioned Butter Tart
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Pre-made, frozen tart shells (such as Tenderflake)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, blend everything together.
- Pour the filling into pre-made, frozen tart shells (approximately 36 mini or 18 large).
- Bake for 15 minutes for runny tarts, 20 minutes for firmer tarts.
- The filling is also a great topping for ice cream.
This recipe was first published on September 10, 2014 by Dana in the Waterloo Chronicle.