Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Taste of Thailand:
- BASIL infused olive oil
- THAI LEMONGRASS MINT white balsamic vinegar
Fresh Salad Rolls with Thai Basil Lemongrass Mint Balsamic Dipping Sauce
For Salad Rolls
- 12 large round rice paper wraps (about 6″ in diameter)
- 2 oz. (55 grams) rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into very thin strips
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into very thin strips
- 1 mango, peeled & sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & grated
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (or basil), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shrimp or chicken, optional
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup DANA’s Basil infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup DANA’s Thai Lemongrass Mint white balsamic vinegar
- Drizzle of sriracha or hot sauce, optional
- Prepare the dipping sauce – combine the olive oil & balsamic vinegar (and hot sauce if desired) into a mason jar or another jar with lid, shake well to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, soak the rice vermicelli noodles in hot water until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain. Toss with 2 tablespoons of the prepared dipping sauce. Set aside.
- Fill a shallow bowl or pan with warm water. Soak the rice paper wraps one at a time until softened and pliable – about 30 seconds each. Remove from water and place on a clean countertop to dry out slightly, patting with a tea towel to remove excess water, if necessary.
- Along the bottom third of the wrapper, place a small amount of the noodles and other ingredients (roughly 1/12th the amount). Keeping the rice paper taut, fold ends in first, then tightly roll up into a cigar shape. Repeat with the remaining 11 rice paper wrappers. Cut each roll in half on the bias and serve with the remaining dipping sauce.
Makes 24 pieces.