The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
Dana’s Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon Dutch apple pie jam, or your favourite apple or pear jam
- 1 ounce St. Agur blue cheese
- 1 ounce old cheddar cheese
- ½ apple or pear, thin slices with skin on
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crisp
- a small handful of spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread jam onto one slice of bread, top with both cheeses, apple or pear slices, bacon and spinach. Top with second slice of bread and press down.
- Spread each (outside) slice of bread with ½ tablespoon of softened butter.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat until hot, add sandwich and cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, turning once, about 2-3 minutes per side.
This recipe was first published on November 23, 2011 by Dana in the Waterloo Chronicle.