Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Farmers’ Market:
TUSCAN HERB olive oil
TRADITIONAL dark balsamic vinegar
Dana’s Favourite Bruschetta
- 1 large baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons good quality basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons DANA’s Tuscan Herb olive oil
- ¼ cup DANA’s Traditional balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup cheese (try combining grated Parmesan, Asiago or Romano with crumbled goat cheese or feta)
- additional olive oil & traditional aged dark balsamic for drizzling (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, onions, pesto, sugar, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Let it sit/marinate for about 2 hours, if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the baguette halves on top. Evenly distribute the tomato mixture (as well as the juices) on top of the baguettes. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the bread is slightly crispy and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and drizzle with additional olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper.