Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Maple Butter:
- ALL NATURAL BUTTER flavoured olive oil
- MAPLE dark balsamic vinegar
Butter Tart Muffins
- 1¼ cup raisins (thompson raisins are best)
- 1/3 cup DANA’s All Natural Butter flavoured olive oil
- 2 tablespoons DANA’s Maple dark balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the raisins, butter olive oil, maple balsamic vinegar, sugar, buttermilk, egg and applesauce. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the raisin-butter mixture and stir gently to combine – do not over mix or the muffins will be tough and full of air pockets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly golden and cooked throughout. Serve warm or at room temperature.