Banana Muffins – Super Moist & Healthy!
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup DANA’s All Natural Butter flavoured olive oil or 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- optional add-ins: ground flaxseeds, chocolate chips, nuts or berries
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas very well. Add the sugar and the egg, mash again until combined. Add in the butter olive oil or melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stir with a wooden spoon until just combined (do not over mix or your muffins will be tough and full of air pockets).
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with batter and bake until lightly golden – about 20-25 minutes.
This recipe was first published in July 2013 Newsletter by Dana.