Oil + Vinegar Pairing – Apple Crisp
LEMON olive oil
MAPLE balsamic vinegar
Baby Spinach Salad with Aged Cheddar, Apples + Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Dana’s Lemon olive oil (Blood Orange or unflavoured olive oil can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons Dana’s Maple balsamic vinegar (Traditional or Fig balsamic can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 package (5 oz) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup aged cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup red grapes, halved
- To make the dressing: mix first 3 ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Toss spinach with dressing until well coated. Add in cubed cheese, walnuts, apple and grapes. Toss gently. Portion onto 4 plates and serve.
To make 4 entree salads, double ingredients and add grilled chicken.